Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

Victory!!!

Here is a few thoughts to start;

- I was too busy to post yesterday on account of Easter, my apologies. As of last week, screw you.

- I think I have trench foot

- Any of you single awesome women want to go see Sweeny Todd? I want to see it, but have no one to go with.

-The JDRF emailed me back, expressing that they had concern for my issue, I had a brief response back and they still haven't got back to me. Dicks.

-Does anyone remember having to colour maps or title pages as ACTUAL homework? And it would take forever? And the lines always were in opposing directions because it was IMPOSSIBLE to make it perfect without colouring in a different direction at least once. Awful.

I am reeeaallly tired man. I worked for the first time today in 2 months. As many of you know I just finished school, so thats why I was freeloading it for a bit, and work kicked my ASS today. As a result, this is gonna be short(ish I hope) and awesome. I haven't really accomplished alot in my life, when you really look at the grand scheme of things. I don't mean that necessarily in a bad way either because not many people have by the age of 23, and if you try to compare yourself to the people who have, you're setting yourself up for failure. Sorry. But I mean really, I have traveled a handful of times and thats about it. I don't have a house, a wife, a girlfriend, or a kid. I never did write a book, and I am still only a mediocre xbox player. I am not a professional athlete, and I don't own my own business, (again not saying that ANY of these things really constitute being an able, capable human being cuz life is what you make of it to make you happy anyways right?) But, I have accomplished something.

I am finished school, and after working out a few kinks, I am going to be a Journeyman Carpenter. Like, FUCKING OFFICIALLY, ON PAPER, I DID IT, and WHAT a great feeling. It is the only thing I have accomplished in my short time on this Earth, that has meaning. Like, I DID it. Nobody nominated me, nobody handed it to me, nobody appointed me, or any of the rest, I attained it. And what a great feeling it really is to possess a skill that many people either can't do, or have no desire to do, but that in many circumstances is an incredibly important attribute. I can built stuff, and fix stuff. Its literally what I do. People like us (well the good ones anyways) build quality homes, offices, decks, fences, sheds, spice racks, you name it. Not just Carpenters either, there is many skilled trades that make the places that you enjoy, enjoyable. Don't ever forget that the next time you see some dirty sore old man, or young man working for what might eventually benefit you one day, like the road you drive on or "right there in that building behind you" (hah movie quotes).

Nobody else has to tell me, and if you do then thanks but congratulations to me. People complain about how working in construction is like living in the 70's because its so dated how we get treated, how we work in the mud, in the rain, in the snow, in the cold. I know I complain sometimes, but what I got to say? The Marines ain't the only strong, proud and few in this world.

Now if you will excuse me, I am exhausted from work.

3 comments:

  1. "I can built stuff"

    Not sentences it would seem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of your better posts for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you probably don't want me to post this, but you make me proud each and every day! That is quite an accomplishment!

    Love ya Craig.

    ReplyDelete